Monday, April 25, 2011

Cottage cheese

Joe thinks cottage cheese is disgusting. I'm pretty sure it's more of a texture issue than anything else. Last night, though, he made sure to point out that he had a serving on his plate.

Link to picture source
Throughout my pregnancy, most likely because it wasn't available in Bulgaria, I have craved cottage cheese. I'm not talking about the I-feel-like-I'm-going-to-die-if-I-don't-get-some kind of craving, just the I'd-really-love-to-have-some kind. So the first week we were back, Joe and I headed out to Kroger. You know what we got? Ice cream and cottage cheese. I'd say that beats pickles any day.

No worries... I didn't eat them together. However, I did find out that there are many, many choices when it comes to buying cottage cheese. Not only do you have differences in brand, but you've got 4% milkfat minimum, 2% milkfat, and fat free. On top of that you have large curd vs. small curd. And then you can get the cottage cheese singles packs that come with a fruit mix of some kind that you mix in. In case you're wondering, I recommend the Kroger-brand, 4% milkfat minimum, small curd cottage cheese. (Now that's a mouthful!)

My grandparents were here after church yesterday for an Easter lunch. We had all the fixin's... ham, corn, pineapple, four bean salad, crescent rolls, and (save the best for last!) chocolate-covered strawberries. Now, if you know my family, you know that one of our favorite meals is ham rolls made with King's Hawaiian bread rolls. We got to talking about them and that, of course, got my pregnancy tummy growling for some ham rolls, cottage cheese, and salad...

And then Dad and Joe volunteered to go to the store to get some! Now, they are obviously my two favorite men in the world, but don't go thinking their motivations were completely selfless... they did come back with a Redbox movie along with the groceries after all!

As for Joe's opinion of cottage cheese... he ate it, but I'm not sure he'll be craving it anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment