Tuesday, April 26, 2011

On this day

I have some bare belly pictures I'm thinking about posting, but since I just added my 32 week picture last night I thought I would just give you this little teaser today and see how many people really want to see my stretched out skin. (in other words... let me know if you want to see them!)

Link to picture source

This morning I Googled "April 26." (Doesn't it bug you that the name of a search engine has become part of our vocabulary?) I think I'm going to have to Google dates more often. It was very interesting.

Did you know...?

26 April 1900 Charles Richter (as in the Richter scale that measures earthquakes) was born.
26 April 1956 The first container ship left Port Newark, New Jersey, for Houston, Texas.
26 April 1963 Jet Li was born.
26 April 1986 The nuclear meltdown at the Chernobyl plant occurred. 
26 April 1989 Lucille Ball passed away.

There were many many other events, births, and deaths listed... I just picked the ones that stuck out to me from the 20th century that were listed on Wikipedia's April 26 page.

Also of note, 26 April 1987 was the estimated due date for my mom to have baby me!

Today, on this particular 26th of April, I find myself happily married, very pregnant, and full of chocolate milk, sitting on the couch in my parents' living room. The dogs are sleeping sprawled on their sides, eyes closed, looking ever so peaceful. The wind chimes and highway noise blend together with the birds chirping into the  kind of lullaby that makes you sleepy on a warm summer day.

...It's hard to imagine that people around the world could be experiencing anything different. I know though, that on this day some are surrounded by violence, some are watching snow fall, some are desperate for a little water, and some are spending too much money on something they don't need. That's something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment