Saturday, May 14, 2011

Joe's Pic[k]: Just the two of us

July 2007
We took this picture when we were out for a date night with our friends, Craig and Jenny. We had actually just returned to the States from our study semester in India! They had recently married, and we weren't even engaged yet. Things have changed quite a bit since then - they've got a baby now and we're married and have one on the way!

I'm full of mixed emotions about Baby's impending arrival. I am SO excited to hold my baby in my arms... to feel his/her soft baby skin against mine, to soothe him/her, to be his/her mother. At the same time, I hesitate to focus on my excitement because of all the people who say, "You just wait, your life's going to change and you'll wish for these days again when you didn't have to worry about your baby all the time..." Stuff like that.

I'm ready to worry about my baby all the time, though. He/she is already on my mind almost 24/7 anyway! I know it will be different, but my heart is so full of love for him/her that I think my life has already changed. I can't imagine ever going back to those "just the two of us" days... and I'm not sure I ever want to.

Being a mother... a parent... is a lifelong commitment. No matter where life takes me or my child(ren), I will always be their mother. I can't wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment