Friday, October 14, 2011

cherishing silence

Honestly, I can't believe I've let myself go so long without blogging. It really is a stress outlet for me - it's like journaling except with other people in mind. Of couse, some people use their blog as more of a journal than others. I'd say mine is a nice balance of written-for-self vs. written-for-others.

I'm finally sitting down for the first time in a while and focusing on myself. It sounds horribly selfish, but while Joe runs errands and Brenan sleeps in his swing, I'm just going to sit here and blog. The dishes sitting on the end tables and the laundry and baby toys strewn on the floor are just going to have to wait.

I've read so many other mom blogs that talk about days like these - where you get a few minutes to yourself and cherish each second of peace and quiet. I suspect that as Brenan gets older and our family grows bigger those moments will be fewer and farther between. I'm not going to worry about that right now though. For now, I'll just write, and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment