Sunday, January 15, 2012

Here's to you, 2012!

Oh my goodness. I stopped reading all the blogs I follow when we moved because we got so busy trying to adjust to things. I just skimmed over a couple and I can't believe I've made it without them so long! It's so great to read stories from other moms my age who are going through the same things as me.

My 2012 New Years resolutions:
1. Use a budget (the one designed by my wonderful man!)
2. Keep in touch! We value our friends and family so much, but we often neglect them because we're so busy. This year, I'm going to try to turn that around.
3. Blog more. I can't make any specific commitments, but I know that blogging and following others' blogs gives me joy and hope. I have put blogging on the bottom of my priority list while I worked on getting settled in to my new life as a mother of one and a family teacher of seven, but now it's time to get back to writing!
4. Stop over-committing! I keep adding projects to my to do list because they are things I know I can do, and I even want to do. The problem is just because I can and want to do something doesn't mean I have time for it!

As for the first few weeks of January and these resolutions... so far, so good. I'm making slow but sure progress! I have finally caught up with our personal email, we're doing great with our budget, and Joe and I have sketched out the whole years worth of travel plans (when you only have about 10 days to yourself each month, traveling to see your family that is spread out between 6 states gets tricky...not to mention expensive!)

And, with that, I will close, because Brenan just FILLED his diaper while sitting on my lap.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment